Personal Injuries caused by neglect often end in fatality. Sadly, thousands of fatalities occur each year, involving pedestrians, car accidents and intersections. While roadways and roadway systems care continuously improving, it is important to be aware and understand the important pedestrian laws in order to prevent injury and fatality from occurring.The place where most accidents occur is often within complex or busy intersections. When you combine confused pedestrian with speeding motorist that ignore signs and warnings, the outcome can be detrimental. Improving the safety of intersections is a top priority of the national, state, and local government. Luckily, organizations are proactive by creating new safety improvements. Examples of involved organizations include the FHWA, NHTSA, the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Official (AASHTO), the American Automobile Association (AAA), and other private and public entities.
The following info includes a few safety tips for motorist to help prevent pedestrian fatality or accidents at intersections…
- Stop on Red: It is a simple and much known rule to stop on Red but many drivers often need a reminder to come to a full stop at stop signs and red lights.
- Drive Defensively: Even if you have the right of way through the intersection slow down below the speed limit and check the intersection before driving through it. You have to ensure others are not going to run a red-light.
- Look for the Pedestrian and Bicyclists: If you arrive at an intersection with a cross walk, double check to see if a pedestrian or bicyclist are in your path before turning.
- Leave Distance: Do not follow too closely behind another vehicle; this can constrict your view of the cars in front of that vehicle coming to a quick stop.
- Turn Signals: Whether you driving or riding a bike, it is important to use the proper turn signal in enough time to notify the other drives that you are turning or switching lanes.
- Consider other Factors: If the weather is bad it is important to be extra cautious to look out for pedestrians and cyclists. Conditions may be out of your control like heavy rain causing issues with visibility, fogging windows, icy streets, and more. Take extra precaution when driving in dangerous situations. Also, if there is already an accident it is important to slow down and pass the accident with caution.
Both car accidents and pedestrian accidents can be avoided by simply following traffic laws and paying attention to signs, other vehicles and being extra cautious in intersections. Haire Law is a Law Firm in Denton and Dallas Texas, with experienced car accident lawyers, pedestrian accident attorneys and personal injury lawyers. Haire law is a Texas law firm dedicated to help victims that experience personal injury or family fatality due to neglect.
Tags: Car Accident Lawyers, Dallas Lawyers, Denton Law, Denton Law Firms, Haire Law, Law Firm in Denton, Lawyers Dallas, Pedestrian Accident Attorneys, Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Denton, Pedestrian Fatality, personal injuries, Personal Injury Laws, Personal Injury Lawyers, Texas Law Firms